Subject: Re: SCSI
From: [email-masked] (Mike Harlock)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 95 21:14:50

> I know that some Amiga 4000's are SCSI based and others are IDE based. What
> does it take to make an IDE based system a SCSI one. Would I have to get a
> whole new system. Do I need some kind of board, taking up yet another slot?

Only the rare A4000 Tower has a SCSI controller on the motherboard, the rest
are IDE.

You do indeed need a SCSI controller, but if you get an acellerator such as
a warp engine with a built-in SCSI controller, it won't take up a slot, just
the CPU daugherboard swap.   Otherwise, you'll have to find the 4091(?)
SCSI-II controller, or an older 3rd party controller from GVP and the like,
or even a 2091.   They all take up a card slot.

Speaking of card slots, anyone seen a High Flyer first-hand?  (The 4000
chassis expansion) are there any notable problems with it?

       __
      <  \      [email-masked] - Mike Harlock      
[\\\\\\(\ (:::<======================================-
\<      >  \       Practice Random Kindness
 \\    /    |    And Senseless Acts of Beauty
  `==='____/
             New!  http://raindrop.ranma.com/mikem.html

--
[email-masked] (Mike Harlock) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]